- bullseye 2.21.3+deb11u1
- bullseye-backports 2.22.2~bpo11+1
- testing 2.22.2
- unstable 2.22.2
chdist - script to easily play with several distributions
chdist [options] [command] [command parameters]
chdist is a rewrite of what used to be known as 'MultiDistroTools' (or mdt). Its use is to create 'APT trees' for several distributions, making it easy to query the status of packages in other distribution without using chroots, for instance.
- -h, --help
- Provide a usage message.
- -d, --data-dir DIR
- Choose data directory (default: ~/.chdist/).
- -a, --arch ARCH
- Choose architecture (default: `dpkg --print-architecture`).
- Display version information.
- create DIST [URL RELEASE SECTIONS]
- Prepare a new tree named DIST
- apt DIST <update|source|show|showsrc|...>
- Run apt inside DIST
- apt-get DIST <update|source|...>
- Run apt-get inside DIST
- apt-cache DIST <show|showsrc|...>
- Run apt-cache inside DIST
- apt-file DIST <update|search|...>
- Run apt-file inside DIST
- apt-rdepends DIST [...]
- Run apt-rdepends inside DIST
- aptitude DIST [...]
- Run aptitude inside DIST
- src2bin DIST SRCPKG
- List binary packages for SRCPKG in DIST
- bin2src DIST BINPKG
- List source package for BINPKG in DIST
- compare-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...]
- compare-bin-packages DIST1 DIST2 [DIST3, ...]
- List versions of packages in several DISTributions
- compare-versions DIST1 DIST2
- compare-bin-versions DIST1 DIST2
- Same as compare-packages/compare-bin-packages, but also runs dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer.
- compare-src-bin-packages DIST
- Compare sources and binaries for DIST
- compare-src-bin-versions DIST
- Same as compare-src-bin-packages, but also run dpkg --compare-versions and display where the package is newer
- grep-dctrl-packages DIST [...]
- Run grep-dctrl on *_Packages inside DIST
- grep-dctrl-sources DIST [...]
- Run grep-dctrl on *_Sources inside DIST
- List available DISTs
This program is copyright 2007 by Lucas Nussbaum and Luk Claes. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
It is licensed under the terms of the GPL, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.