|datalad siblings(1)||General Commands Manual||datalad siblings(1)|
datalad siblings - manage sibling configuration
datalad siblings [-h] [-d DATASET] [-s NAME] [--url [URL]] [--pushurl PUSHURL] [-D DESCRIPTION] [--fetch] [--as-common-datasrc NAME] [--publish-depends SIBLINGNAME] [--publish-by-default REFSPEC] [--annex-wanted EXPR] [--annex-required EXPR] [--annex-group EXPR] [--annex-groupwanted EXPR] [--inherit] [--no-annex-info] [-r] [-R LEVELS] [ACTION]
This command offers four different actions: 'query', 'add', 'remove', information about (all) known siblings. 'add' and 'configure' are highly similar actions, the only difference being that adding a sibling with a name that is already registered will fail, whereas re-configuring a (different) sibling under a known name will not be considered an error. 'enable' can be used to complete access configuration for non-Git sibling (aka git-annex special remotes). Lastly, the 'remove' action allows for the removal (or de-configuration) of a registered sibling.
For each sibling (added, configured, or queried) all known sibling properties are reported. This includes:
Name of the sibling
Absolute path of the dataset
For regular siblings at minimum a "fetch" URL, possibly also a
Additionally, any further configuration will also be reported using a key that matches that in the Git configuration.
By default, sibling information is rendered as one line per sibling following this scheme::
<dataset_path>: <sibling_name>(<+|->) [<access_specification]
where the + and - labels indicate the presence or absence of a remote data annex at a particular remote, and ACCESS_SPECIFICATION contains either a URL and/or a type label for the sibling.
- command action selection (see general documentation). Constraints: value must be one of ('query', 'add', 'remove', 'configure', 'enable') [Default: 'query']
- -h, --help, --help-np
- show this help message. --help-np forcefully disables the use of a pager for displaying the help message
- -d DATASET, --dataset DATASET
- specify the dataset to configure. If no dataset is given, an attempt is made to identify the dataset based on the input and/or the current working directory. Constraints: Value must be a Dataset or a valid identifier of a Dataset (e.g. a path)
- -s NAME, --name NAME
- name of the sibling. For addition with path "URLs" and sibling removal this option is mandatory, otherwise the hostname part of a given URL is used as a default. This option can be used to limit 'query' to a specific sibling. Constraints: value must be a string
- --url [URL]
- the URL of or path to the dataset sibling named by NAME. For recursive operation it is required that a template string for building subdataset sibling URLs is given. List of currently available placeholders: %NAME the name of the dataset, where slashes are replaced by dashes. Constraints: value must be a string
- --pushurl PUSHURL
- in case the URL cannot be used to publish to the dataset sibling, this option specifies a URL to be used instead. If no URL is given, PUSHURL serves as URL as well. Constraints: value must be a string
- -D DESCRIPTION, --description DESCRIPTION
- short description to use for a dataset location. Its primary purpose is to help humans to identify a dataset copy (e.g., "mike's dataset on lab server"). Note that when a dataset is published, this information becomes available on the remote side. Constraints: value must be a string
- fetch the sibling after configuration.
- --as-common-datasrc NAME
- configure the created sibling as a common data source of the dataset that can be automatically used by all consumers of the dataset (technical: git-annex auto-enabled special remote).
- --publish-depends SIBLINGNAME
- add a dependency such that the given existing sibling is always published prior to the new sibling. This equals setting a configuration item 'remote.SIBLINGNAME.datalad-publish-depends'. This option can be given more than once to configure multiple dependencies. Constraints: value must be a string
- --publish-by-default REFSPEC
- add a refspec to be published to this sibling by default if nothing specified. Constraints: value must be a string
- --annex-wanted EXPR
- expression to specify 'wanted' content for the repository/sibling. See https://git-annex.branchable.com/git-annex-wanted/ for more information. Constraints: value must be a string
- --annex-required EXPR
- expression to specify 'required' content for the repository/sibling. See https://git-annex.branchable.com/git-annex-required/ for more information. Constraints: value must be a string
- --annex-group EXPR
- expression to specify a group for the repository. See https://git-annex.branchable.com/git-annex-group/ for more information. Constraints: value must be a string
- --annex-groupwanted EXPR
- expression for the groupwanted. Makes sense only if --annex-wanted="groupwanted" and annex-group is given too. See https://git-annex.branchable.com/git-annex-groupwanted/ for more information. Constraints: value must be a string
- if sibling is missing, inherit settings (git config, git annex wanted/group/groupwanted) from its super-dataset.
- Whether to query all information about the annex configurations of siblings. Can be disabled if speed is a concern.
- -r, --recursive
- if set, recurse into potential subdataset.
- -R LEVELS, --recursion-limit LEVELS
- limit recursion into subdataset to the given number of levels. Constraints: value must be convertible to type 'int'
datalad is developed by The DataLad Team and Contributors <email@example.com>.
|2021-07-23||datalad siblings 0.14.6|