|datalad annotate-paths(1)||General Commands Manual||datalad annotate-paths(1)|
NAME¶datalad annotate-paths - analyze and act upon input paths
datalad annotate-paths [-h] [-d DATASET] [-r] [-R LEVELS] [--action LABEL] [--unavailable-path-status LABEL] [--unavailable-path-msg message] [--nondataset-path-status LABEL] [--no-parentds-discovery] [--no-subds-discovery] [--revision-change-discovery] [--no-untracked-discovery] [--modified [MODIFIED]] [PATH ...]
DESCRIPTION¶Given paths (or more generally location requests) are inspected and annotated with a number of properties. A list of recognized properties is provided below.
Recognized path properties¶"action" label of the action that triggered the path annotation
"annexkey" annex key for the content of a file
"logger" logger for reporting a message
"message" message (plus possible tsring expansion arguments)
"orig_request" original input by which a path was determined
"parentds" path of dataset containing the annotated path (superdataset for subdatasets)
"path" absolute path that is annotated
"process_content" flag that content underneath the path is to be processed
"process_updated_only" flag that only known dataset components are to be processed
"raw_input" flag whether this path was given as raw (non-annotated) input
"refds" path of a reference/base dataset the annotated path is part of
"registered_subds" flag whether a dataset is known to be a true subdataset of PARENTDS
"revision" the recorded commit for a subdataset in a superdataset
"revision_descr" a human-readable description of REVISION
"source_url" URL a dataset was installed from
"staged" flag whether a path is known to be "staged" in its containing dataset
"state" state indicator for a path in its containing dataset (clean, modified, absent (also for files), conflict)
"status" action result status (ok, notneeded, impossible, error)
"type" nature of the path (file, directory, dataset)
"url" registered URL for a subdataset in a superdataset
In the case of enabled modification detection the results may contain additional properties regarding the nature of the modification. See the documentation of the DIFF command for details.
- path to be annotated. Constraints: value must be a string
- -h, --help, --help-np
- show this help message. --help-np forcefully disables the use of a pager for displaying the help message
- -d DATASET, --dataset DATASET
- an optional reference/base dataset for the paths. Constraints: Value must be a Dataset or a valid identifier of a Dataset (e.g. a path)
- -r, --recursive
- if set, recurse into potential subdataset.
- -R LEVELS, --recursion-limit LEVELS
- limit recursion into subdataset to the given number of levels. Constraints: value must be convertible to type 'int'
- --action LABEL
- an "action" property value to include in the path annotation. Constraints: value must be a string
- --unavailable-path-status LABEL
- a "status" property value to include in the annotation for paths that are underneath a dataset, but do not exist on the filesystem. Constraints: value must be a string [Default: '']
- --unavailable-path-msg message
- a "message" property value to include in the annotation for paths that are underneath a dataset, but do not exist on the filesystem. Constraints: value must be a string
- --nondataset-path-status LABEL
- a "status" property value to include in the annotation for paths that are not underneath any dataset. Constraints: value must be a string [Default: 'error']
- Flag to disable reports of parent dataset information for any path, in particular dataset root paths. Disabling saves on command run time, if this information is not needed.
- Flag to disable reporting type='dataset' for subdatasets, even when they are not installed, or their mount point directory doesn't exist. Disabling saves on command run time, if this information is not needed.
- Flag to disable discovery of changes which were not yet committed. Disabling saves on command run time, if this information is not needed.
- Flag to disable discovery of untracked changes. Disabling saves on command run time, if this information is not needed.
- --modified [MODIFIED]
- comparison reference specification for modification detection. This can be (mostly) anything that `git diff` understands (commit, treeish, tag, etc). See the documentation of `datalad diff --revision` for details. Unmodified paths will not be annotated. If a requested path was not modified but some content underneath it was, then the request is replaced by the modified paths and those are annotated instead. This option can be used without an argument to test against changes that have been made, but have not yet been staged for a commit. Constraints: value must be a string, or value must be convertible to type bool
AUTHORS¶datalad is developed by The DataLad Team and Contributors <email@example.com>.
|2021-07-23||datalad annotate-paths 0.14.6|