cdist-type__jail - Manage FreeBSD jails
This type is used on FreeBSD to manage jails by calling the appropriate per-version subtype.
- The name of the jail. Default is to use the object_id as the jail name.
- The ifconfig style IP/netmask combination to use for the jail guest. If the state parameter is "present," this parameter is required.
- The FQDN to use for the jail guest. Defaults to the name parameter.
- The name of the physical interface on the jail server to bind the jail to. Defaults to the first interface found in the output of ifconfig -l.
- The name of the devfs ruleset to associate with the jail. Defaults to "jailrules." This ruleset must be copied to the server via another type. To use this option, devfs-enable must be "true."
- The location on the remote server to use for hosting jail filesystems. Defaults to /usr/jail.
This type does not currently support modification of jail options. If, for example a jail needs to have its IP address or netmask changed, the jail must be removed then re-added with the correct IP address/netmask or the appropriate line (jail_<name>_ip="...") modified within rc.conf through some alternate means.
# Create a jail called www __jail www --state present --ip "192.168.1.2" --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Remove the jail called www __jail www --state absent --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # The jail www should not be started __jail www --state present --stopped \
--ip "192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0" \
--jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Use the name variable explicitly __jail thisjail --state present --name www \
--ip "192.168.1.2" \
--jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz # Go nuts __jail lotsofoptions --state present --name testjail \
--ip "192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0" \
--hostname "testjail.example.com" --interface "em0" \
--onboot --jailbase /my/jail/base.tgz --jaildir /jails
Jake Guffey <jake.guffey--@--jointheirstm.org>
Copyright (C) 2012,2016 Jake Guffey. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
ungleich GmbH 2019
|June 23, 2019||5.1.2|