|Alien::Package::Tgz(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Alien::Package::Tgz(3pm)|
NAME¶Alien::Package::Tgz - an object that represents a tgz package
DESCRIPTION¶This is an object class that represents a tgz package, as used in Slackware. It also allows conversion of raw tar files. It is derived from Alien::Package.
- Translation table between canoical script names and the names used in tgz's.
- Detect tgz files by their extension.
- Install a tgz with installpkg. Pass in the filename of the tgz to install.
installpkg (a slackware program) is used because I'm not sanguine about just untarring a tgz file. It might trash a system.
- Scan a tgz file for fields. Has to scan the filename for most of the information, since there is little useful metadata in the file itself.
- Unpack tgz.
- Adds a populated install directory to the build tree.
- Build a tgz.
AUTHOR¶Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>