|Alien::Package::Pkg(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Alien::Package::Pkg(3pm)|
NAME¶Alien::Package::Pkg - an object that represents a Solaris pkg package
DESCRIPTION¶This is an object class that represents a pkg package, as used in Solaris. It is derived from Alien::Package.
- Translation table between canoical script names and the names used in pkg's.
- This class needs the Solaris pkginfo and kgtrans tools to work.
- Convert name from something debian-like to something that the Solaris constraints will handle (i.e. 9 chars max).
- Detect pkg files by their contents.
- Install a pkg with pkgadd. Pass in the filename of the pkg to install.
- Scan a pkg file for fields.
- Unpack pkg.
- Adds a populated install directory to the build tree.
- Build a pkg.
AUTHOR¶Mark Hershberger <firstname.lastname@example.org>