|COMBOSTATUS(1)||General Commands Manual||COMBOSTATUS(1)|
NAME¶combostatus - Xymon combination test tool
combostatus [--debug] [--quiet]
DESCRIPTION¶combostatus is a Xymon extension script that runs on the Xymon server. It combines the results of one or more of the normal Xymon test results into a combined test result, using standard arithmetic og logical operators.
The resulting tests are sent to the Xymon display server as any normal test - so all of the standard Xymon functions (history, statistics etc.) are available for the combined tests.
The tool was born from the need to monitor systems with built-in redundancy and automatic failover - e.g. load-balanced web servers. But other uses are possible.
- Specify which colors trigger an error status. By default only a "red" status counts as an error color - all other colors, including yellow, will count as "green" when evaluating the combined status. COLOR is "red", "yellow", "blue", "purple" or "clear".
- Normally, the test status sent by combostatus includes information about the underlying test results used to determine the current value of the combined test. "--quiet" eliminates this information from the test status page.
- Provide debugging output for use in troubleshooting problems with combostatus.
- Don't send any status messages - instead, the result of the combotests is simply dumped to stdout. Useful for debugging.
- Configuration file for combostatus, where the combined tests are defined
- Configuration file controlling when combostatus is run.
SEE ALSO¶combo.cfg(5), hosts.cfg(5), xymonserver.cfg(5), tasks.cfg(5)
|Version 4.3.28: 17 Jan 2017||Xymon|