NAME¶fileutil::magic::cgen - Generator core for compiler of magic(5) files
SYNOPSIS¶package require Tcl 8.4
package require fileutil::magic::cgen ?1.2.0?
package require fileutil::magic::rt ?1.2.0?
package require struct::tree
package require struct::list
::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node
DESCRIPTION¶This package provides the generator backend for a compiler of magic(5) files into recognizers based on the fileutil::magic::rt recognizer runtime package. For the compiler frontend using this generator see the package fileutil::magic::cfront.
- ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree script
- This command converts the recognizer specified by the script into a
tree and returns the object command of that tree as its result. It uses
the package struct::tree for the tree.
The script is in the format specified by magic(5).
- ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treedump tree
- This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a string encoding the tree for human consumption, to aid in debugging.
- ::fileutil::magic::cgen::treegen tree node
- This command takes a tree as generated by ::fileutil::magic::cgen::2tree and returns a Tcl script, the recognizer for the file types represented by the sub-tree rooted at the node. The generated script makes extensive use of the commands provided by the recognizer runtime package fileutil::magic::rt to perform its duties.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK¶This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category fileutil :: magic of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
When proposing code changes, please provide unified diffs, i.e the output of diff -u.
Note further that attachments are strongly preferred over inlined patches. Attachments can be made by going to the Edit form of the ticket immediately after its creation, and then using the left-most button in the secondary navigation bar.
SEE ALSO¶file(1), fileutil, magic(5)
KEYWORDS¶file recognition, file type, file utilities, mime, type