pdfsig - Portable Document Format (PDF) digital signatures tool
pdfsig [options] [PDF-file]
pdfsig verifies the digital signatures in a PDF document. It also
displays the identity of each signer (commonName field and full distinguished
name of the signer certificate), the time and date of the signature, the hash
algorithm used for signing, the type of the signature as stated in the PDF and
the signed ranges with a statement wether the total document is signed.
The signer certificate validation uses the trusted certificates
stored in the following locations:
- The NSS Certificate database in the default Firefox profile.
- The NSS Certificate database in /etc/pki/nssdb.
- Do not validate the certificate.
- Dump all signatures into current directory.
- Print copyright and version information.
- Print usage information. (-help and --help are
The pdfsig software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog,
LLC and copyright 2005-2015 The Poppler Developers -