NAME¶plot3d - Plot 3-d surface plot
SYNOPSIS¶plot3d(x, y, z, nx, ny, opt, side)
DESCRIPTION¶Plots a three-dimensional surface plot within the environment set up by plw3d(3plplot). The surface is defined by the matrix z[nx][ny] , the point z[i][j] being the value of the function at (x[i],y[j]). Note that the points in vectors x and y do not need to be equally spaced, but must be stored in ascending order. The parameter opt controls the way in which the surface is displayed. For further details see the PLplot documentation. The only difference between plmesh(3plplot) and plot3d(3plplot) is that plmesh(3plplot) draws the bottom side of the surface, while plot3d(3plplot) only draws the surface as viewed from the top.
Redacted form: plot3d(x, y, z, opt, side)
This function is used in examples 11 and 21.
- x (PLFLT_VECTOR(3plplot), input)
- A vector containing the x coordinates at which the function is evaluated.
- y (PLFLT_VECTOR(3plplot), input)
- A vector containing the y coordinates at which the function is evaluated.
- z (PLFLT_MATRIX(3plplot), input)
- A matrix containing function values to plot. Should have dimensions of nx by ny.
- nx (PLINT(3plplot), input)
- Number of x values at which function is evaluated.
- ny (PLINT(3plplot), input)
- Number of y values at which function is evaluated.
- opt (PLINT(3plplot), input)
- Determines the way in which the surface is represented: opt=DRAW_LINEX : Lines are drawn showing z as a function of x for each value of y[j] . opt=DRAW_LINEY : Lines are drawn showing z as a function of y for each value of x[i] . opt=DRAW_LINEXY : Network of lines is drawn connecting points at which function is defined.
- side (PLBOOL(3plplot), input)
- Flag to indicate whether or not ``sides'' should be draw on the figure. If side is true sides are drawn, otherwise no sides are drawn.
AUTHORS¶Many developers (who are credited at http://plplot.org/credits.php) have contributed to PLplot over its long history.
SEE ALSO¶PLplot documentation at http://plplot.org/documentation.php.