|RNANO(1)||General Commands Manual||RNANO(1)|
NAME¶rnano - a restricted nano
SYNOPSIS¶rnano [options] [[+line[,column]] file]...
DESCRIPTION¶rnano runs the nano editor in restricted mode. This allows editing only the specified file or files, and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem nor to a command shell.
In restricted mode, nano will:
- not allow suspending;
- not allow saving the current buffer under a different name;
- not allow inserting another file or opening a new buffer;
- not allow appending or prepending to any file;
- not make backup files nor do spell checking.
- -h, --help
- Show a summary of command-line options and exit.
See the nano(1) manpage for all available options.
BUGS¶Please report bugs via https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=nano.
AUTHOR¶Chris Allegretta and others (see the files AUTHORS and THANKS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst for the Debian system (but may be used by others).
|version 3.2||November 2018|