NAME¶munin-limits - A program to check for any off-limit values
- --service <service>
- Limit services to those of <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. [unset]
- --host <host>
- Limit hosts to those of <host<gt>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. [unset]
- --contact <contact>
- Limit contacts to those of <contact<gt>. Multiple --contact options may be supplied. [unset]
- --config <file>
- Use <file> as configuration file. [/etc/munin/munin.conf]
- --always-send <severity list>
- Force sending of messages even if you normally wouldn't.
The <severity list> can be a whitespace or comma separated list of the values "ok", "warning", "critical" or "unknown".
This option may be specified several times, to add more values.
Use of "--always-send" overrides the "always_send" value in munin.conf for configured contacts. See also --force.
- Alias for "--always-send ok,warning,critical,unknown"
- Force running as root (stupid and unnecessary). [--noforce-root]
- View help message.
- If set, view debug messages. [--nodebug]
DESCRIPTION¶Munin-limits is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes, graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit values.
Munin-limits checks if any values are above or below the set limits, and saves these notes to a file. This file is later used by programs like munin-nagios (to warn nagios) and munin-html (to incorporate them in the web display).
If a service has fields with "warning" or "critical"-options (e.g. "load.warning 10"), and the munin-server configuration file contains the necessary configuration options, munin-limits will check its value.
/etc/munin/munin.conf /var/lib/munin/* /var/run/munin/*
VERSION¶This is munin-limits version 2.0.49
AUTHORS¶Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal and Jimmy Olsen.
BUGS¶munin-limits does, as of now, not check the syntax of the configuration file.
Please report other bugs in the bug tracker at <http://munin-monitoring.org/>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal, and Jimmy Olsen / Linpro AS.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This program is released under the GNU General Public License
SEE ALSO¶For information on configuration options, please refer to the man page for munin.conf.