|mousetweaks(1)||General Commands Manual||mousetweaks(1)|
NAME¶mousetweaks - Accessibility enhancements for pointing devices
SYNOPSIS¶mousetweaks [--dwell] [--ssc] [--dwell-time=FLOAT] [--ssc-time=FLOAT] [-m|--dwell-mode=STRING] [-c|--show-ctw] [-t|--threshold=INT] [-g|--geometry] [-s|--shutdown] [--daemonize] [-?|--help]
DESCRIPTION¶mousetweaks is a collection of accessibility enhancements for pointing devices. This manual page describes the mousetweaks daemon.
- Automatically perform mouse clicks without using a physical button.
- Trigger the secondary mouse button when the primary mouse button is held down for a specified amount of time.
- Time to keep the pointer motionless before a dwell click is performed. Range: 0.2 - 3.0 seconds.
- Time to hold the primary mouse button before a simulated secondary click is performed. Range: 0.5 - 3.0 seconds.
- -m, --dwell-mode=STRING
- Select a dwell mode. Available options: window - Select the click type from a window or a panel applet. gesture - Perform different clicks by moving in different directions.
- -c, --show-ctw
- Show the click-type window. Only useful in combination with --dwell-mode=window.
- -t, --threshold=INT
- Ignore small pointer movements. Range: 0 - 30 pixels.
- -g, --geometry
- Size and position of the click-type window. Expects a standard X Window System geometry string. ie. WIDTHxHEIGHT+X+Y
- -s, --shutdown
- Stop the mousetweaks daemon.
- Start mousetweaks in the background, ie. spawn a child process.
- Start mousetweaks in login mode. Login mode enables workarounds specific to GDM. Currently unused.
The daemon creates a lock file in the $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR directory to keep track of its state. On systems with no user runtime directory, the $XDG_CACHE_HOME directory is used.