NAME¶mpmetis - manual page for mpmetis 5.1.0
SYNOPSIS¶mpmetis [options] meshfile nparts
- Required parameters
- Stores the mesh to be partitioned.
- The number of partitions to split the mesh.
- Optional parameters
- Specifies the graph to be used for computing the partitioning The possible values are:
- - Partition the dual graph of the mesh [default]
- - Partition the nodal graph of the mesh
- Specifies the scheme to be used for computing the k-way partitioning. The possible values are:
- - Recursive bisectioning
- - Direct k-way partitioning [default]
- Specifies the scheme to be used to match the vertices of the graph during the coarsening. The possible values are:
- - Random matching
- - Sorted heavy-edge matching [default]
-iptype=string [applies only when -ptype=rb]
- Specifies the scheme to be used to compute the initial partitioning of the graph. The possible values are:
- - Grow a bisection using a greedy strategy [default]
- - Compute a bisection at random
-objtype=string [applies only when -ptype=kway]
- Specifies the objective that the partitioning routines will optimize. The possible values are:
- - Minimize the edgecut [default]
- - Minimize the total communication volume
-contig [applies only when -ptype=kway]
- Specifies that the partitioning routines should try to produce partitions that are contiguous. Note that if the input graph is not connected this option is ignored.
-minconn [applies only when -ptype=kway]
- Specifies that the partitioning routines should try to minimize the maximum degree of the subdomain graph, i.e., the graph in which each partition is a node, and edges connect subdomains with a shared interface.
- Specifies the name of the file that stores the target weights for each partition. By default, all partitions are assumed to be of the same size.
- Specifies the maximum allowed load imbalance among the partitions. A value of x indicates that the allowed load imbalance is 1+x/1000. For ptype=rb, the load imbalance is measured as the ratio of the 2*max(left,right)/(left+right), where left and right are the sizes of the respective partitions at each bisection. For ptype=kway, the load imbalance is measured as the ratio of max_i(pwgts[i])/avgpwgt, where pwgts[i] is the weight of the ith partition and avgpwgt is the sum of the total vertex weights divided by the number of partitions requested. For ptype=rb, the default value is 1 (i.e., load imbalance of 1.001). For ptype=kway, the default value is 30 (i.e., load imbalance of 1.03).
- Specifies the common number of nodes that two elements must have in order to put an edge between them in the dual graph. Default is 1.
- Specifies the number of iterations for the refinement algorithms at each stage of the uncoarsening process. Default is 10.
- Specifies the number of different partitionings that it will compute. The final partitioning is the one that achieves the best edgecut or communication volume. Default is 1.
- Specifies that no partitioning file should be generated.
- Selects the seed of the random number generator.
- Selects the dbglvl.
- Prints this message.
SEE ALSO¶The full documentation for mpmetis is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mpmetis programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info mpmetis
should give you access to the complete manual.
|May 2013||mpmetis 5.1.0|