NAME¶OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER, OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT, OpenSSL_version, OpenSSL_version_num - get OpenSSL version number
#include <openssl/opensslv.h> #define OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER 0xnnnnnnnnnL #define OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT "OpenSSL x.y.z xx XXX xxxx" #include <openssl/crypto.h> unsigned long OpenSSL_version_num(); const char *OpenSSL_version(int t);
DESCRIPTION¶OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER is a numeric release version identifier:
MNNFFPPS: major minor fix patch status
The status nibble has one of the values 0 for development, 1 to e for betas 1 to 14, and f for release.
0x000906000 == 0.9.6 dev 0x000906023 == 0.9.6b beta 3 0x00090605f == 0.9.6e release
Versions prior to 0.9.3 have identifiers < 0x0930. Versions between 0.9.3 and 0.9.5 had a version identifier with this interpretation:
MMNNFFRBB major minor fix final beta/patch
0x000904100 == 0.9.4 release 0x000905000 == 0.9.5 dev
Version 0.9.5a had an interim interpretation that is like the current one, except the patch level got the highest bit set, to keep continuity. The number was therefore 0x0090581f.
OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT is the text variant of the version number and the release date. For example, "OpenSSL 1.0.1a 15 Oct 2015".
OpenSSL_version_num() returns the version number.
OpenSSL_version() returns different strings depending on t:
- The text variant of the version number and the release date. For example, "OpenSSL 1.0.1a 15 Oct 2015".
- The compiler flags set for the compilation process in the form "compiler: ..." if available or "compiler: information not available" otherwise.
- The date of the build process in the form "built on: ..." if available or "built on: date not available" otherwise.
- The "Configure" target of the library build in the form "platform: ..." if available or "platform: information not available" otherwise.
- The "OPENSSLDIR" setting of the library build in the form "OPENSSLDIR: "..."" if available or "OPENSSLDIR: N/A" otherwise.
- The "ENGINESDIR" setting of the library build in the form "ENGINESDIR: "..."" if available or "ENGINESDIR: N/A" otherwise.
For an unknown t, the text "not available" is returned.
RETURN VALUES¶OpenSSL_version_num() returns the version number.
OpenSSL_version() returns requested version strings.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>.