NAME¶opencv_createsamples - create training and testing samples
DESCRIPTION¶opencv_createsamples creates positive samples from a single object image or a collection of positive images.
The scheme of test samples creation is similar to training samples creation since each test sample is a background image into which a randomly distorted and randomly scaled instance of the object picture is pasted at a random position.
OPTIONS¶opencv_createsamples supports the following options:
- -info collection_file_name
- A database of positive source images. Use it together with -img to create test samples instead.
- -img image_file_name
- A positive source image. Use it together with -info to create test samples instead.
- -vec vec_file_name
- The output file name containing the generated positive samples for training.
- -bg background_file_name
- The background description file (the negative sample set). It contains a list of images into which randomly distorted versions of the object are pasted for positive sample generation.
- -num number_of_samples
- The number of positive samples to generate/train. The default is 1000.
- -bgcolor background_color
- The background color (currently grayscale images are assumed); the background color denotes the transparent color. The default is 0.
- Invert the colors.
- -maxidev max_intensity_deviation
- The desired maximum intensity deviation of foreground samples pixels. The default is 40.
- -maxxangle max_x_rotation_angle
- The maximum rotation angle in x-direction in radians. The default is 1.1.
- -maxyangle max_y_rotation_angle
- The maximum rotation angle in y-direction in radians. The default is 1.1.
- -maxzangle max_z_rotation_angle
- The maximum rotation angle in z-direction in radians. The default is 0.5.
- -show [scale_factor]
- Show each created sample during the creation process. Optionally a scaling factor can be defined. The default is 4.0.
- If <ESC> is pressed, the creation process will continue without showing the samples. This can be useful for debugging purposes.
- -h sample_height
- For the creation of training samples, it is the resulting sample height. The default is 24.
- In case of creating test samples, it is the minimal height of placed object picture.
- -w sample_width
- For the creation of training samples, it is the resulting sample width. The default is 24.
- In case of creating test samples, it is the minimal width of placed object picture.
The same information is shown, if opencv_createsamples is called without any arguments/options.
EXAMPLES¶To create training samples from one image applying distortions and show the results:
- opencv_createsamples -img source.png -num 10 -bg negatives.dat -vec samples_out.vec -show
To create training samples of size 40x40 from some images without applying distortions:
- opencv_creasamples -info source.dat -vec samples_out.vec -w 40 -h 40
SEE ALSO¶opencv_haartraing(1), opencv_performance(1)
More information and examples can be found in the OpenCV documentation.
AUTHORS¶This manual page was written by Daniel Leidert <email@example.com> and Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).