- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|LFC_RENAME(3)||LFC Library Functions||LFC_RENAME(3)|
NAME¶lfc_rename - rename a LFC file or directory in the name server
int lfc_rename (const char *oldpath, const char *newpath)
DESCRIPTION¶lfc_rename renames a LFC file or directory in the name server.
oldpath and newpath must be of the same type, i.e. both regular files or both directories.
If newpath exists already, it will be removed before the rename takes place. If newpath is a directory, it must be empty.
When renaming a directory, newpath must not be a descendant of oldpath, i.e. newpath must not contain a path prefix that names oldpath.
Write permission is required on both parents. If oldpath is a directory, write permission is required on it and if newpath is an existing directory, write permission is also required on it.
If any of the parents has the sticky bit S_ISVTX set, either
the effective user ID of the requestor must match the owner ID of the file or
the effective user ID of the requestor must match the owner ID of the directory or
the file must be writable by the requestor or
the requestor must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of oldpath prefix does not exist or oldpath or newpath is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefixes or write permission on the parent directories is denied or oldpath is a directory and write permission is denied on oldpath or newpath.
- oldpath or newpath is a NULL pointer.
- newpath is an existing directory and is not empty or newpath is an existing file with replicas.
- A component of the path prefixes is not a directory or oldpath is a directory and newpath is an existing regular file.
- newpath is a directory while oldpath is a regular file.
- newpath is a descendant of oldpath.
- The length of oldpath or newpath exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), lfc_chdir(3), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_unlink(3), Cupvlist(1)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2005/06/30 08:34:03 $||LFC|