NAME¶genders_getnodename - get the current node name
int genders_getnodename(genders_t handle, char *node, int len);
DESCRIPTION¶genders_getnodename() retrieves the name of the node that the function is being called from. The node name returned is the shortened hostname of the node and is stored in the buffer pointed to be node. len should indicate the length of the buffer. The node returned by genders_getnodename() is the shortened hostname of the node.
To avoid passing in a buffer that is not large enough to store the node name, genders_getmaxnodelen(3) should be used to determine the minimum buffer size that should be used.
RETURN VALUES¶On success, 0 is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and an error code is returned in handle. The error code can be retrieved via genders_errnum(3) , and a description of the error code can be retrieved via genders_strerror(3). Error codes are defined in genders.h.
- The handle parameter is NULL. The genders handle must be created with genders_handle_create(3).
- genders_load_data(3) has not been called to load genders data.
- The buffer pointed to by node is not large enough to store the node name.
- An incorrect parameter has been passed in.
- handle has an incorrect magic number. handle does not point
to a genders handle or handle has been destroyed by
SEE ALSO¶libgenders(3), genders_handle_create(3), genders_load_data(3), genders_getmaxnodelen(3), genders_errnum(3), genders_strerror(3)