NAME¶genders_getattr - get attributes from a genders file
int genders_getattr(genders_t handle, char *attrs, char *vals, int len, const char *node);
DESCRIPTION¶genders_getattr() gets the attributes and values for the node pointed to by node. If node is NULL, attributes and values are retrieved for the current node. The attributes are stored in the attribute list pointed to by attrs and the attribute values are stored in vals. If attribute values are not desired, vals can be set to NULL. len should indicate the number of elements that can be stored in both the attribute list and attribute values list.
To avoid passing in a list that is not large enough to store all the attributes and attribute values, genders_getmaxattrs(3) should be used to determine the minimum number of elements attrs and vals should be able to store. genders_attrlist_create(3) and genders_vallist_create(3) could be used to create lists that are guaranteed to be large enough to store all attributes and attribute values.
RETURN VALUES¶On success, the number of attributes stored in attrs is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and an error code is returned in handle. The error code can be retrieved via genders_errnum(3) , and a description of the error code can be retrieved via genders_strerror(3). Error codes are defined in genders.h.
- The handle parameter is NULL. The genders handle must be created with genders_handle_create(3).
- genders_load_data(3) has not been called to load genders data.
- The list pointed to by attrs or vals is not large enough to store all the attributes or attribute values.
- An incorrect parameter has been passed in.
- A null pointer has been found in the list passed in.
- The node pointed to by node cannot be found in the genders file or if node=NULL, the machine genders is running on is not listed in the genders database.
- handle has an incorrect magic number. handle does not point
to a genders handle or handle has been destroyed by
SEE ALSO¶libgenders(3), genders_handle_create(3), genders_load_data(3), genders_getmaxattrs(3), genders_attrlist_create(3), genders_vallist_create(3), genders_errnum(3), genders_strerror(3)