NAME¶xforms - A GUI Toolkit for X Window Systems
SYNOPSIS¶Forms Library for X (xforms) is a GUI toolkit and builder for the X Window Systems and runs on all major UNIX platforms as well as OpenVMS and OS2. Forms Library is too complex to be described in the "man" page format. Ask your system administrator for the location of the HTML, PDF or PostScript document or follow the links on the Forms Library's home page for an online version of the documentation.
DESCRIPTION¶Forms Library is a graphical user interface toolkit based on Xlib for X Window Systems. It comes with a rich set of objects such as buttons, browsers, sliders and menus integrated into an elegant event/object callback execution model that allows fast and easy construction of X applications. In addition, the library has support for image read and write, format conversion and simple image processing. The library consists of a flexible set of C-routines that can be used in C and C++ programs (As of this writing, perl, ada95, pascal, scheme and Fortran bindings to the Forms Library are in beta.)
The library is efficient and portable and runs on all major Unix platforms, including Sun, SGI, HP, DEC Alpha/OSF, IBM RS6000, Convex, Cray, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, SCO, Unixware, OpenBSD , BSDi, DecSystem(mips)/Ultrix and others. Non-unix platforms include OpenVMS, OS/2, and Window/NT.
Bundled with the library is also a Form designer, fdesign, which can be used to build interaction forms in a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) way and to generate the corresponding C (or any of the binding languages) code for you. 50+ demos in source code are distributed with the library.
OPTIONS¶All programs written using the Forms Library recognize the following command line options
- -display host:dpy
- specifies the server to connect to.
- -bw borderwidth
- specifies the border width to use for built-in objects.
- prints the xforms version information.
- -visual visualName
- requests a visual by name such as TrueColor etc. By default the Forms Library always selects the visual that has the most depth.
- -depth depth
- requests a specific depth.
- -fldebug level
- generates some info about the state of the XForms. where level is an integer between 1-5 and controls the amount of information to output. Depending on the options used when the Forms Library was built, a level more than 3 might not be available.
- runs the application in synchronous mode with debug level set to 4.
- requests a private colormap for the application.
- requests a shared colormap even if the application needs more colors than available. For those colors that can't be allocated in the shared colormap, substitutions are made so the closest matching color is used.
- requests a standard colormap.
- -name newname
- specifies the application name under which resources are to be obtained, rather than the default executable file name.
SEE ALSO¶fdesign(1L), fd2ps(1L)
AUTHOR¶Copyright (c) 1996-2002 T.C. Zhao, Mark Overmars and Steve Lamont
Since 2002: GNU Lesser General Public License
Maintainers: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, Angus Leeming, Jens Thoms Toerring <email@example.com>
|November 2013||Version 1.2.0|