dskid - identify floppy or disc image file for emulated machines
dskid [-format FORMAT] [-type TYPE] [-side SIDE]
[-comp COMP] [-retry COUNT] DISKIMAGE
Dskid is a utility which will identify how a disc (or image) is formatted. It
reports the required driver and various information about the disc geometry.
- -type TYPE
- Determines which driver is to be used.
- Select according to the disc image file. This is the default.
- Use the DSK (CPCEmu format) image driver.
- Use the extended version of the DSK format.
- Use the floppy driver.
- Use the hard disk (MYZ80 format) image driver. (This format cannot be
- Use the CFI (DOS fdcopy format) image driver. (This format cannot be
- Use the raw driver.
- -retry COUNT
- Set the number of times to attempt to read the disc in case of error.
- -comp COMP
- Select the compression method used on the source disc image file (has no
effect when reading a floppy disc).
- Detect from the first few bytes of the file. This is the default.
- Huffman coded (SQ / USQ).
- Gzipped (gzip / gunzip).
- Burrows-Wheeler compressed (bzip2 / bunzip2).
- -side SIDE
- Determines which side (0 or 1) of the disc (image) is to be identified.
John Elliott <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Darren Salt wrote the man pages.