- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|RFIO_OPENDIR(3)||Rfio Library Functions||RFIO_OPENDIR(3)|
NAME¶rfio_opendir - open a directory
RDIR *rfio_opendir (const char *path);
DESCRIPTION¶rfio_opendir opens a directory to be used in subsequent rfio_readdir operations. A RDIR structure and a buffer to cache the directory entries are allocated in the client API.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current directory or the full pathname.
NOTES¶For LCG directories, a multi-threaded application will need to initialize itself the Cthread (LCG Thread Interface) library ; this is done by including "shift/Cthread_api.h" and calling the function Cthread_init() at the beginning. Otherwise accessing LCG directories will not be thread-safe. See Cthread(3).
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns a pointer to be used in the subsequent directory function calls if the operation was successful or NULL if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or read permission is denied on path.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), rfio_closedir(3), rfio_readdir(3), rfio_rewinddir(3)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:03 $||LCG|