- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|RFIO_CHMOD(3)||Rfio Library Functions||RFIO_CHMOD(3)|
NAME¶rfio_chmod, rfio_fchmod - change access mode of a directory/file
int rfio_chmod (const char *path, mode_t
int rfio_fchmod (int s, mode_t mode);
DESCRIPTION¶rfio_chmod sets the access permission portion of the mode of a directory/file to the bit pattern in mode.
rfio_fchmod is identical to rfio_chmod but works on the file descriptor s returned by rfio_open.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current directory or the full pathname.
- is constructed by OR'ing the bits defined in <sys/stat.h> under Unix or "statbits.h" under Windows/NT:
S_IWUSR 0000200 write by owner
S_IXUSR 0000100 execute/search by owner
S_IRGRP 0000040 read by group
S_IWGRP 0000020 write by group
S_IXGRP 0000010 execute/search by group
S_IROTH 0000004 read by others
S_IWOTH 0000002 write by others
S_IXOTH 0000001 execute/search by others
The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or be super-user. If a directory is writable and has the sticky bit set, files/directories within that directory can be removed or renamed only if:
the effective user ID of the requestor matches the owner ID of the file or
the effective user ID of the requestor matches the owner ID of the directory or
the file is writable by the requestor or
the requestor is super-user.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The effective user ID does not match the owner of the file and is not super-user.
- The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname.
- s is not a valid file descriptor.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or write permission on the file itself is denied.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2005/03/31 13:13:02 $||LCG|