- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|DPNS_MKDIR(3)||DPNS Library Functions||DPNS_MKDIR(3)|
NAME¶dpns_mkdir - create a new DPNS directory in the name server
int dpns_mkdir (const char *path, mode_t mode)
DESCRIPTION¶dpns_mkdir creates a new DPNS directory in the name server.
An entry is created in the name server database and the directory's owner ID is set to the effective user ID of the requestor. The group ID of the directory is set to the effective group ID of the requestor or is taken from the parent directory if the latter has the S_ISGID bit set.
The access permission bits for the directory are taken from mode, then all bits set in the requestor's file mode creation mask are cleared (see dpns_umask(3)). The S_ISGID, S_ISUID and S_ISVTX bits are silently cleared.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname.
RETURN VALUE¶This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or write permission on the parent directory is denied.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- path exists already.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The name server database is full.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), dpns_chdir(3), dpns_chmod(3), dpns_umask(3)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2001/10/04 12:12:45 $||DPNS|