- buster 1.10.0-2+b3
|LFC-RM(1)||LFC User Commands||LFC-RM(1)|
NAME¶lfc-rm - remove LFC files or directories in the name server
SYNOPSIS¶lfc-rm [-a] [-f] [-i] filename...
lfc-rm [-f] [-i] -r dirname...
DESCRIPTION¶lfc-rm removes LFC files or directories in the name server. For directories either -r or -R must be present. For regular files, it calls lfc_unlink while for directories, it calls lfc_rmdir.
This requires write permission in the parent directory and the file itself. If write permission on an entry is denied, the standard input is a terminal and the -f option is not given, the prompt "override write protection" appears and if the response is not y, the entry is not deleted. Entries directly under a protected directory are never deleted.
- specifies the LFC pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the LFC_HOME environment variable.
OPTIONS¶The following options are supported:
- Remove the metadata information about a file and the metadata information about the replicas that it may have. Remember that this is a metadata-only operation, it does not remove the replicas physically from the disk. Removing metadata entries about replicas without removing the replicas from the disks leads to non-reachable files on disk. Applies only to files, not directories.
- Do not give an error message if the file/directory does not exist.
- Request acknowledge before removing each individual entry.
- Recursive mode (equivalent to -r).
- Recursive mode.
EXIT STATUS¶This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed.
SEE ALSO¶Castor_limits(4), lfc_rmdir(3), lfc_unlink(3)
AUTHOR¶LCG Grid Deployment Team
|$Date: 2011/11/04 11:57:00 $||LFC|