|JPEGINFO(1)||General Commands Manual||JPEGINFO(1)|
NAME¶jpeginfo - prints information and tests integrity of JPEG/JFIF files.
SYNOPSIS¶jpeginfo [ options ] [ filenames ]
DESCRIPTION¶jpeginfo is used to generate informative listings of jpeg files, and also to check jpeg files for errors. Program also supports automatic deletion of broken jpegs.
OPTIONS¶Options may be either the traditional POSIX one letter options, or the GNU style long options. POSIX style options start with a single ``-'', while GNU long options start with ``--''.
Options offered by jpeginfo are the following:
- -c, --check
- Check files also for errors. (default is just to read the headers).
- -C, --comments
- Display file comments (from COM markers).
- -d, --delete
- Delete files that have errors. (default is not to delete any files).
- -f<filename>, --file<filename>
- Read filenames to process from given file. To use standard input (stdin) use '-' as a filename. This is alternative to default where filenames are given as parameters to the program.
- -h, --help
- Display short usage information and exits.
- -5, --md5
- Calculates MD5 checksum for each file.
- -i, --info
- Displays even more information about each picture. Prints image coding (Huffman/Arithmetic), density (in dpi/dpc), and whether CCIR601 sampling was used or not.
- -l, --lsstyle
- Uses alternate listing format (ls -l style).
- -v, --verbose
- Enables verbose mode (positively chatty).
- Displays program version.
- -q, --quiet
- Quiet mode, output just the jpeg infos.
- -m<mode>, --mode=<mode>
- Sets the delete mode, meaningful only when used with -d flag. Mode can be one of the following:
- files containing any type of errors/warnings, not necessarily preventing the decoding. (default)
- only files with serious errors (ie. cannot be decoded at all).
BUGS¶None, so far :-)
AUTHOR¶Timo Kokkonen (email@example.com)
COPYING¶Copyright (C) 1996-1998 Timo Kokkonen
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
|10 Dec 2002||4th Berkeley Distribution|