NAME¶icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time
SYNOPSIS¶icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..]
DESCRIPTION¶icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk.
Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time.
icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp.
- -h, --help
- Print a help message describing all options
- -q, --quiet
- Turn off output
- -v, --verbose
- Be verbose
- -t, --tracks
- Split stream into tracks (if possible)
- Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes.
- Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs
- Set user-agent header to AGENT
- Output stream to stdout (implies -q)
- Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin
- Turn on debugging outputs
- Streaming to mpg123
- icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 -
- Split stream into different tracks
- icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls
- Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time
- icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin
- Prepare a 74 minute CD
- icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u
- Use a filename with today's date as output
- icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls
BUGS¶You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net
AUTHOR¶Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net>