NAME¶hub-pull-request - Create a GitHub pull request.
SYNOPSIS¶hub pull-request [-focp] [-b BASE] [-h HEAD] [-r REVIEWERS ] [-a ASSIGNEES] [-M MILESTONE] [-l LABELS]
hub pull-request -m MESSAGE [--edit]
hub pull-request -F FILE [--edit]
hub pull-request -i ISSUE
- -f, --force
- Skip the check for unpushed commits.
- -m, --message=MESSAGE
- The text up to the first blank line in MESSAGE is treated as the pull request title, and the rest is used as pull request description in Markdown format.
- If multiple MESSAGE options are given, their values are concatenated as separate paragraphs.
- Use the message from the first commit on the branch as pull request title and description without opening a text editor.
- -F, --file=FILE
- Read the pull request title and description from FILE.
- -e, --edit
- Further edit the contents of FILE in a text editor before submitting.
- -i, --issue=ISSUE
- Convert an issue to a pull request. ISSUE may be an issue number or a URL.
- You can only convert issues that youve opened or that which you have admin rights over. In most workflows it isnt necessary to convert issues to pull requests; you can simply reference the original issue in the body of the new pull request.
- -o, --browse
- Open the new pull request in a web browser.
- -c, --copy
- Put the URL of the new pull request to clipboard instead of printing it.
- -p, --push
- Push the current branch to HEAD before creating the pull request.
- -b, --base=BASE
- The base branch in the "[OWNER:]BRANCH" format. Defaults to the default branch of the upstream repository (usually "master").
- See the "CONVENTIONS" section of hub(1) for more information on how hub selects the defaults in case of multiple git remotes.
- -h, --head=HEAD
- The head branch in "[OWNER:]BRANCH" format. Defaults to the currently checked out branch.
- -r, --reviewer=USERS
- A comma-separated list of GitHub handles to request a review from.
- -a, --assign=USERS
- A comma-separated list of GitHub handles to assign to this pull request.
- -M, --milestone=NAME
- The milestone name to add to this pull request. Passing the milestone number is deprecated.
- -l, --labels=LABELS
- Add a comma-separated list of labels to this pull request. Labels will be created if they don`t already exist.
$ hub pull-request [ opens a text editor for writing title and message ] [ creates a pull request for the current branch ] $ hub pull-request --base OWNER:master --head MYUSER:my-branch [ creates a pull request with explicit base and head branches ] $ hub pull-request --browse -m "My title" [ creates a pull request with the given title and opens it in a browser ] $ hub pull-request -F - --edit < path/to/message-template.md [ further edit the title and message received on standard input ]
CONFIGURATION¶HUB_RETRY_TIMEOUT=SECONDS The maximum time to keep retrying after HTTP 422 on --push (default: 9).
SEE ALSO¶hub(1), hub-merge(1), hub-checkout(1)