NAME¶gems-client - Show data transmitted by gems-server (1)
SYNOPSIS¶gems-client [-i] host [port]
gems-client -h | -v
DESCRIPTION¶Connects to a computer running gems-server(1) to show in the local terminal the data transmitted, in real time.
- Hostname or IP address where the server is running.
- TCP port used by the server. Default: 6666.
- Ignore server terminal size. If this option is not supplied, gems-client disconnects itself whenever the local terminal is smaller than the terminal associated to the server.
- Show a short help message.
- Show version information.
FUNCTION KEYS¶While gems-client is running, some keys have special functions:
- Enable/disable alarm blocking. When active, if the server transmits an alarm character ('\a'), the client ignores it, so the alarm does not play. This is specially useful when many clients are present in the same room, to avoid the annoying simultaneous beeps.
AUTHORS¶Diego Essaya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Emiliano Castagnari <email@example.com>
SEE ALSO¶gems-server(1), script(1)