fai-monitor - fai monitor daemon
fai-monitor receives messages from all install clients on port 4711 and
prints them to stdout.
- -p port
- Define port to listen on. Default is port 4711.
- Call fai-chboot for the install client if the task install was finished
properly. Default is not to call fai-chboot.
- Use IP address of connecting host when calling fai-chboot. This can only
be used if the host has the same IP while installing as when running.
- -l FILE
- Logfile. Default is standard out in non-daemon mode and
"/var/log/fai-monitor.log" in daemon mode.
- -t TIMEOUT
- Timeout for bad clients. 0 to disable.
- Daemon mode.
- -P FILE
- PID-file. Default is "/var/run/fai-monitor.pid". Used only if
starting in daemon mode.
- Print timestamps in the log.
Normally, the output will be piped to fai-monitor-gui, a GUI which displays all
fai-monitor reads variables from /var/log/fai/variables (key=value
pair format) and replies to request from clients if they have the format:
VARIABLE <VARNAME>. For e.g. if the clients sends "VARIABLE
FAI_VERSION", fai-monitor will reply with OK and the value of this
variable (e.g. "OK 4.5.6") if this variable is defined, otherwise
it will reply with UNKNOWN and repeats the VARNAME (e.g. "UNKNOWN
This program is part of FAI (Fully Automatic Installation). See the FAI manual
for more information on how to use fai-monitor. The FAI homepage is
Thomas Lange <email@example.com>