-hco] [commands ...]
hpset is used to send commands to a printer. These
commands are synonyms for ESC Codes based on the PCL standard from Hewlet
- redirect output to stdout
- redirect output into the specified file or device redirect
- prints a help message
- Puts every setting back to the printer defaults.
- Starts the self test.
- If paper is inside the printer it will be thrown out.
- activates the linefeed
- acivates the linebreak.
- forces the printer to print only from left to right.
- forces the printer to print only from right to left.
- forces the printer in both ways.
- The following commands are not executed but printed.
- The following commands are executed.
- High quality printing.
- Enables fast and economic printing.
- Printing in landscape format.
- Printing in portrait format.
- Sets the lines per inch. For num use 6 or 8.
The following commands must be sent in the given order and
sequence. The sequence looks like,
hpset [characterset] [characterdistance] [character density]
[point size] [type position] [line strength] [type]
english ISO 4
ansi ANSI ASCII ISO 6
sweden ISO 10
italian ISO 15
spain ISO 17
german ISO 21
france ISO 69
If you've chosen proportional you don't have to set the character density.
cpi# # is one of 5,6,10,12,16,16.67,20,24
point# # is one of 4.75,5,6,7,8,9.5,10,12,14,19,24
Notice that not every combination of the commands above is possible. Refer
to the manual of HPSET where you can find a table with allowed combinations.
report them to email@example.com