|GEN_PACKETS(1)||General Commands Manual||GEN_PACKETS(1)|
NAME¶gen_packets - Generate audio file for AX.25 frames.
SYNOPSIS¶gen_packets -o wav-file-out [ options ] [ text-file | - ]
wav-file-out is the result. The -o option is required.
text-file may contain AX.25 packets in the standard monitoring format. Use "-" to read from stdin. If not specified, a default builtin message will be used.
DESCRIPTION¶gen_packets is a test application which converts text to AX.25 audio for testing packet decoders.
It is very flexible allowing a wide range of audio sample rates, data speeds, and AFSK tones. It will even generate the scrambled signals commonly used for 9600 baud operation.
- -a n
- Signal amplitude in range of 0-200%. Default 50. Note that 100% is corresponds to signal peaks of +/- 16383 so we have plenty of headroom to avoid saturation.
- -b n
- Bits / second for data. Default is 1200.
- -B n
- Bits / second for data. Proper modem selected for 300, 1200, 9600.
- Scrambled baseband rather than AFSK.
- -m n
- Mark frequency. Default is 1200.
- -s n
- Space frequency. Default is 2200.
- -r n
- Audio sample Rate. Default is 44100.
- -n n
- Generate specified number of frames with increasing noise. (For built-in message only.)
- -o file
- Send output to .wav file.
- 8 bit audio rather than 16.
- 2 channels of audio rather than 1.
EXAMPLES¶gen_packets -o x.wav
gen_packets -o x.wav -g -b 9600
gen_packets -o x.wav -B 9600
gen_packets -o x.wav -m 1600 -s 1800 -b 300
gen_packets -o x.wav -B 300
echo -n 'WB2OSZ>WORLD:Hello, world!' | gen_packets -a 25 -o x.wav -
SEE ALSO¶More detailed information is in the pdf files in /usr/local/share/doc/direwolf, or possibly /usr/share/doc/direwolf, depending on installation location.
Applications in this package: aclients, atest, decode_aprs, direwolf, gen_packets, ll2utm, log2gpx, text2tt, tt2text, utm2ll