- buster 3.0.8-6+deb10u5
NAME¶fetchnews - Cyrus IMAP documentation
Retrieve new articles from peer and feed to Cyrus
fetchnews [ -C config-file ] [ -s servername[:port]] [ -n ] [ -y ] [ -w wildmat ] [ -f tstampfile ] [ -a authname [ -p password ]] peername
DESCRIPTION¶fetchnews retrieves news articles from a peer news server and feeds them to a Cyrus server. fetchnews connects to the peer specified by peername, requests new articles since the time stored in tstampfile and feeds them to servername.
fetchnews reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C.
- -C config-file
- Use the specified configuration file config-file rather than the default imapd.conf(5).
- -s servername
- Hostname of the Cyrus server (with optional port) to which articles should be fed. Defaults to "localhost:nntp".
- Don't use the NEWNEWS command. fetchnews will keep track of the high and low water marks for each group and use them to fetch new articles.
- Use 4 instead of 2 digits for year. 2-digits are RFC 977 - but not y2k-compliant.
- -w wildmat
- Wildmat pattern specifying which newsgroups to search for new articles. Defaults to "*".
- -f tstampfile
- File in which to read/write the timestamp of when articles were last retrieved. Defaults to <configdirectory>/newsstamp as specified by the configuration options.
- -a authname
- Userid to use for authentication.
- -p password
- Password to use for authentication.
AUTHOR¶The Cyrus Team, Nic Bernstein (Onlight)
COPYRIGHT¶1993-2017, The Cyrus Team
|August 10, 2018||3.0.8|