NAME¶ct2-make-movie - manual page for ct2-make-movie
SYNOPSIS¶ct2-make-movie [options] file.ct2 arguments...
DESCRIPTION¶Automates the creation of movies from a single ctioga2 command file.
Running ct2-make-movie plot.ct2 file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat ... runs ctioga2 repeatedly with the value of the variable $(arg) taking the arguments given on the command-line, ie. file1.dat, then file2.dat, and so on.
It is also possible to have ct2-make-movie generate its arguments itself: ct2-make-movie plot.ct2 0..10:101 will have $(arg) going from 0 to 10 through 101 steps.
In each case, the variable $(index) is set to the current number of the frame being drawn, starting from 0. For instance, in the above example, it would range from 0 to 100.
The PDF files produced by ctioga2 are converted by ImageMagick's convert and fed to a ffmpeg encoding pipe.
- -t, --target FILE
- Target video file. Defaults to the ctioga2 file name given, with the suffix .ct2 replaced by .avi.
- --dir DIR
- Temporary directory for storage
- Prints the version of ct2-make-movie.
- -p, --[no-]pdftoppm
- Using pdftoppm to rasterize the PDF file rather than convert can lead to very significant speed improvements, depending on your version of gs. Using this option enables the use of pdftoppm. convert remains necessary for the processing, though.
- --page-size SIZE
- All page-size instructions in the ctioga2 command file are ignored. Using this option allow you to set the target page size (in TeX dimensions).
- --resolution RES
- Set target resolution (overridden to some extent by page-size)
- When on (by default), ct2-make-movie gives a different name to all the generated PDF files, which can be handy to see what has happened, but can take up quite a lot of disk space too. When this option is disabled, the same PDF file is rewritten over and over again.
- -b, --bitrate RATE
- Bitrate (indicative). Passed directly to ffmpeg.
- --codec CODEC
- Target codec.
- --ffmpeg-args ARGS
- Extra ffmpeg args.
SEE ALSO¶convert(1), pdftoppm(1), ffmpeg(1), ctioga2(1)
|February 2014||ct2-make-movie 0.0|