|makeflow_linker(1)||Cooperative Computing Tools||makeflow_linker(1)|
NAME¶makeflow_linker - automatic dependency location for workflows
SYNOPSIS¶makeflow_linker [options] <workflow_description>
DESCRIPTION¶makeflow_linker is a tool for automatically determining dependencies of workflows. It accepts a workflow description, currently Makeflow syntax is required, and recursively determines the dependencies and produces a self-contained package. makeflow_linker supports Python, Perl, and shared libraries.
makeflow_linker finds dependencies by static analysis. eval and other dynamic code loading may obscure dependencies causing makeflow_linker to miss some critical dependencies. Therefore it is recommended to avoid these techniques when desiging a workflow.
- Run without creating directories or copying dependencies.
- -h, --help
- Show this help screen.
- -n, --use-named
- Do not copy files which are part of a named dependency, e.g. standard libraries.
- -o, --output=<directory>
- Specify output directory.
- Output status during run.
- -v, --version
- Display version information.
EXIT STATUS¶On success, returns zero. On failure (typically permission errors), returns non-zero.
- The makeflow_linker does not check for naming collisions beyond the initial workflow inputs.
- The makeflow_linker relies on regex parsing of files
EXAMPLES¶Package a workflow:
makeflow_linker -o example_mf example.mf
Run packaged workflow:
COPYRIGHT¶The Cooperative Computing Tools are Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Douglas Thain and Copyright (C) 2005-2015 The University of Notre Dame. This software is distributed under the GNU General Public License. See the file COPYING for details.
|CCTools 7.0.9 FINAL|