Scroll to navigation
||General Commands Manual
chaosread - read raw noise source from chaoskey
chaosread reads ADC values from the noise source on the attached ChaosKey
- -s serial | --serial serial
- This selects a ChaosKey by serial number instead of using the first one
- -l length | --length length
- Set the amount of data to read. Suffixes 'k', 'M' and 'G' are supported.
The default is 1k.
- -i | --infinite
- Keep reading forever (or until the process is killed).
- -b | --bytes
- Read 16-bits little endian values and write out one byte per sample from
bits 1-8 of the sample (zero-based, so shift right by one).
- -b | --cooked
- Read values from the 'cooked' endpoint, which is the source used by the
kernel driver that contains trimmed and whitened data which has 8 bits of
entropy per byte.
- -b | --raw
- Read from the raw RNG source endpoint, which is best for testing the
hardware on the device. This is the default
- -b | --firmware
- Read from the device firmware. This can be used to verify that the
firmware in the device has the expected contents.
chaosread reads noise data.