cdist-type__consul - Install consul
Downloads and installs the consul binary from
https://dl.bintray.com/mitchellh/consul. Note that the consul binary is
downloaded on the server (the machine running cdist) and then deployed to the
target host using the __file type unless --direct parameter is used.
- either 'present' or 'absent'. Defaults to 'present'
- which version of consul to install. See ./files/versions for a list of
supported versions. Defaults to the latest known version.
- Download and deploy consul binary directly on the target machine.
If consul binary is created using __staged_file then underlaying __file type
messages are emitted.
If consul binary is created by direct method then the following
messages are emitted:
- /usr/local/bin/consul created
- consul binary was created
# just install using defaults
# install by downloading consul binary directly on the target machine
# specific version
Steven Armstrong <steven-cdist--@--armstrong.cc>
Darko Poljak <darko.poljak--@--gmail.com>
Copyright (C) 2015 Steven Armstrong. You can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any