|AXMAIL.CONF(5)||Linux System Managers Manual||AXMAIL.CONF(5)|
NAME¶axMail - A powerful but simple SMTP plugin for URONode.
DESCRIPTION¶axmail.conf This file configures the operations of axMail-FAX. You have to insure that you add the proper group using addgroup. The common one to use is "ax25".
COMMANDS¶The following options are supported for axmail.conf:
- This should not be longer than the same command in uronode.conf.
- This is the fully qualified hostname of your mail system. Typically this would be an amprnet domnain such as n1uro.ampr.org.
- This command controls who has access to use mail on your system. The default is all.
- This shows how users can authenticate into the application. The default is none as the password used over RF may also be used for popping/imap if the local sysop chooses to do this. Disconnect user from their mailbox."
- This allows creation of the user accounts. Since you can also configure dovecot or a pop3 daemon and pop-before-smtp to allow mail on smartphones as well, this should be set to yes which is default.
- This grants or denies permissions for other functions such as ssh on the box. This also controls access to imap/pop. Default is yes.
- I suggest using ax25. You'll have to set this using addgroup ax25.
- This is the first user id numeric to be used when axmail creates accounts. I suggest 2000 as this keeps mail clients 1000 UID away from actual local clients so it'll somewhat separate them this way.
- This sets just how many users may create and use mailboxes using axmail.
- This sets the base of the users home directory. I suggest using the standard home directory for all users.
- This is the shell the users are granted. I suggest if you wish not to allow ssh or telnet access into your server to use /bin/false.
- This is the efax gateway to send your faxes through to. The SFax command will preformat your mail to use this gateway. Remove the quotes.
- Greeting file for new users to welcome them to the mail system.
- postfix configuration file.
AUTHORS¶Brian Rogers (N1URO) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
OTHERS¶Marius Petrescu (YO2LOJ) <email@example.com>
Bob Tenty (VE3TOK) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Heikki Hannikainen (OH7LZB) <email@example.com>
|28 September 2015||Linux|