NAME¶augparse - execute an Augeas module
SYNOPSIS¶augparse [OPTIONS] MODULE
DESCRIPTION¶Execute an Augeas module, most commonly to evaluate the tests it contains.
- -I, --include=DIR
- Add DIR to the module loadpath. Can be given multiple times. The directories set here are searched before any directories specified in the AUGEAS_LENS_LIB environment variable, and before the default directory /usr/share/augeas/lenses.
- -t, --trace
- Print a trace of the modules that are being loaded.
- Do not search any of the default directories for modules. When this option is set, only directories specified explicitly with -I or specified in AUGEAS_LENS_LIB will be searched for modules.
- Do not perform lens type checks. Only use this option during lens development and make sure you typecheck lenses when you are done developing - you should never use a lens that hasn't been typechecked. This option is sometimes useful when you are working on unit tests for a lens to speed up the time it takes to repeatedly run and fix tests.
- Print version information and exit.
- Display this help and exit
EXAMPLES¶To run the tests in lenses/tests/test_foo.aug and use modules from the directory lenses, run
TESTS¶Tests can appear as top-level forms anywhere in a module. Generally, the tests for a module lenses/foo.aug are kept in a separate file, usually in lenses/tests/test_foo.aug.
There are two different kinds of tests that Augeas can run: get and put tests. The syntax for get tests is
which applies the get direction of the lens LENS to STRING and compares it with the given RESULT. RESULT can either be a tree literal, the symbol ? to print the result of applying LENS to STRING, or the symbol * to indicate that the test should produce an exception.
The syntax for put tests is
which first applies the get direction of the lens LENS to STRING, then applies the given COMMANDS to the resulting tree, and finally transforms the modified tree back to a string using the put direction of LENS. The resulting string is then compared to RESULT, which can be a string, the symbol ? to print the result of applying LENS to STRING, or the symbol * to indicate that the test should produce an exception.
AUTHOR¶David Lutterkort <email@example.com>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶Copyright 2007-2016 David Lutterkort
Augeas (and augparse) are distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
SEE ALSO¶Augeas project homepage <http://www.augeas.net/>