|asused(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||asused(3pm)|
NAME¶asused - summaries address space used and according to the RIPE DB and REG.
SYNOPSIS¶asused [--all] [--aw | --approval] [--overlap] [--status | --assign[--pipa] ] regid
asused [--all] [--aw | [--approval] [--overlap] [--status | --assign [--pipa] ] [--regid regid] (prefix ...)
asused [--<options>] regid | prefix
DESCRIPTION¶asused is a tool to summaries address space is registered in the RIPE database. For each allocated inetnum object a summary of used and free address space is printed. A grant total summary for all prefixes is also provided. If there are no errors in locating allocations and and assignments under an allocation. In in the total % are calculated on total allocations.
regid is name of registry as in registry database.
prefix is allocation as in whois database. e.g. a.b.c/16 . Prefix is queried whois DB to find all Less specific matches inetnum with na as netname is interpreted as allocation and summerize the allocation.
- --assign print all assignments under allocations, size, date and net name . Summary of assignments. And free address space. Summary of status attribute.
- --all this same as three options --overlap --status --aw.
- --approval Check the all networks in allocations are valid or not. Print valid and invalid networks. --aw only print invalid networks.
- --aw Check the all networks in allocations are valid or not. Print only Invalid networks. --approval will print valid and invalid.
- --contacts print admin-c/tech-c for all inetnums
- --help Shows the usage of asused.
- --overlap print the details of overlapping assignments. Summary of overlap per assignment is printed at the end.
- --reg regid. regid to locate the allocation. Netname of allocation is same as regid, translating the first '.' to '-' IN upper case. If not specified uses i2r to get regid.
- --status show assignments under allocations with wrong status attribute other than ASSIGNED PA or PI. MISSING for missing status. size and net name. Summary of assignments. No of Assignment(s) , No Assignments with status ASSIGNED PA or ASSIGNED PI, No Assignments with status ASSIGNED PI,No Assignments, No Assignments with Missing status attribute,No Assignments with other values status attribute, none of other . Warnings on assignments.
- --port port query another whois server on the port. Default is 43.
- --host whoishost query another whois server. Default is whois.ripe.net. Can query only to RIPE whois server. Server version tested '2.1'
- --na netname show event table for approval of netname. Used with --aw or --approval
- -pipa additional flag to the --assign option to print allocation status in output. PA is for ALLOCATED PA, PI - ALLOCATED PI, UN for UNSPECIFED, -- is for missed status field.
- --version print version of asused.
- No allocations from reg Could not locate any allocations in use from registry.
- No allocations from DB No inetnum object was recognized as allocation in the RIPE Database.
- % No entries found for the selected source(s). No assignment(s) found under the allocation. May be a new allocation or allocation which has no objects in RIPE DB. Not sure to treat as 100 % free.
- ERROR MISMATCH Netname regid RIPE DB Netame attribute has mismatch with na or regid.
- ERROR STATUS May be incorrect status attribute in the RIPE DB, Valid status ALLOCATED (PA|PI|UNSPECIFIED)
- ERROR mnt-byInvalid <mnt-by> attribute in RIPE DB expecting RIPE-NCC-MNT|RIPE-NCC-HM-MNT|RIPE-NCC-HM-PI-MNT
- Inconsistent with inetnum Encountered two inetnum objects with same logical start and end. Logical interpretation of inetnum a.b.c.0 => a.b.c.0 - a.b.c.255; a.b.c.0 - a.b.d.0 => a.b.c.0 - a.b.d.255
- Classfull notation Intrepreted as class full object. Check if no of address are counted correctly.
- Multiple inetnum When tried to locate an allocation inetnum object for regid prefix from RIPE DB with option -L -F -T prefix returned multiple objects. Every prefix can have only one allocation object.
- NOT Counted Assignment If the assignment is outside the boundaries of allocation. It was returned by -M query RIPE whois server.
- Invalid inetnum Logical interpretation of inetnum fails. Probably can not identify start, end of end < start.
- Assignments has Invalid Date one of the dates of inetnum in the changed attribute is invalid.
REQUIRES¶Perl 5.00404 or later. Connection to RIPE whois server V 2.1, Perl Modules Socket Getopt::Long, regread, ipv4pack
BUGS¶Could give incorrect summary if logical interpretation of Inetnum is not exact a.b.c.0 - a.b.c.0 is intended to be an assignment of size 1 IP No.
Out of memory! Noticed that when the no of assignments are very large, like 5000+ per allocation default data segment size of BSDI 3.1 is not enough. Increasing to 64 M Bytes may help. in bash shell ulimit -d 65536 eg. de.schlund
IANA Delegated blocks smaller than /8 If the allocations are outside 192,193,194,195,212 /8 and LIR allocation is same inetnum as in /ncc/ip-reg/delegations asused2 will return No allocations in RIPE DB. eg. de.callisto
SEE ALSO¶whois reg i2r regread Reg::Asused Reg::Approved Net::RIPEWhois
AUTHOR¶Antony Antony <email@example.com> . RIPE NCC software group. <firstname.lastname@example.org>