|Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop(3pm)|
NAME¶Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop - perform SpamCop reporting of messages
DESCRIPTION¶SpamCop is a service for reporting spam. SpamCop determines the origin of unwanted email and reports it to the relevant Internet service providers. By reporting spam, you have a positive impact on the problem. Reporting unsolicited email also helps feed spam filtering systems, including, but not limited to, the SpamCop blacklist used in SpamAssassin as a DNSBL.
Note that spam reports sent by this plugin to SpamCop each include the entire spam message.
See http://www.spamcop.net/ for more information about SpamCop.
- spamcop_from_address email@example.com (default: none)
- This address is used during manual reports to SpamCop as the From: address. You can use your normal email address. If this is not set, a guess will be used as the From: address in SpamCop reports.
- spamcop_to_address firstname.lastname@example.org (default: generic reporting address)
- Your customized SpamCop report submission address. You need to obtain this address by registering at "http://www.spamcop.net/". If this is not set, SpamCop reports will go to a generic reporting address for SpamAssassin users and your reports will probably have less weight in the SpamCop system.
- spamcop_max_report_size (default: 50)
- Messages larger than this size (in kilobytes) will be truncated in report messages sent to SpamCop. The default setting is the maximum size that SpamCop will accept at the time of release.