|PMEMPOOL(1)||PMDK Programmer's Manual||PMEMPOOL(1)|
NAME¶pmempool - Persistent Memory Pool Management Tool
$ pmempool [--help] [--version] <command> [<args>]
DESCRIPTION¶The pmempool is a management tool for Persistent Memory pool files created by PMDK libraries.
The main purpose of pmempool is to provide a user with a set of utilities for off-line analysis and manipulation of pools created by pmem libraries. The pmempool is a generic command which consists of subcommands for specific purposes. Some of subcommands are required to work without any impact on processed pool, but some of them may create a new or modify an existing one.
The pmempool may be useful for troubleshooting by system administrators and for software developers who work on applications based on PMDK. The latter may find these tools useful for testing and debugging purposes also.
Prints the version of pmempool.
Prints synopsis and list of commands.
COMMANDS¶Currently there is a following set of commands available:
- pmempool-info(1) - Prints information and statistics in human-readable format about specified pool.
- pmempool-check(1) - Checks pool’s consistency and repairs pool if it is not consistent.
- pmempool-create(1) - Creates a pool of specified type with additional properties specific for this type of pool.
- pmempool-dump(1) - Dumps usable data from pool in hexadecimal or binary format.
- pmempool-rm(1) - Removes pool file or all pool files listed in pool set configuration file.
- pmempool-convert(1) - Updates the pool to the latest available layout version.
- pmempool-sync(1) - Synchronizes replicas within a poolset.
- pmempool-transform(1) - Modifies internal structure of a poolset.
- pmempool-feature(1) - Toggle or query a poolset features.
In order to get more information about specific command you can use pmempool help .
DEBUGGING¶The debug logs are available only in the debug version of the tool, which is not provided by binary packages, but can be built from sources. The pmempool.static-debug binary blob can be found in the `src/tools/pmempool/' subdirectory.
The value of PMEMPOOL_TOOL_LOG_LEVEL enables trace points in the debug version of the tool, as follows:
- 0 - This is the default level when PMEMPOOL_TOOL_LOG_LEVEL is not set. No log messages are emitted at this level.
- 1 - Additional details on any errors detected are logged (in addition to returning the errno-based errors as usual).
- 2 - A trace of basic operations is logged.
- 3 - Enables a very verbose amount of function call tracing in the tool.
- 4 - Enables voluminous and fairly obscure tracing information that is likely only useful to the pmempool developers.
Unless PMEMPOOL_TOOL_LOG_FILE is set, debugging output is written to stderr.
Specifies the name of a file where all logging information should be written. If the last character in the name is “-”, the PID of the current process will be appended to the file name when the log file is created. If PMEMPOOL_TOOL_LOG_FILE is not set, output is written to stderr.
SEE ALSO¶libpmemblk(7), libpmemlog(7), libpmemobj(7) and <https://pmem.io>
|2020-10-28||PMDK - pmem Tools version 1.4|