NAME¶smime_keys - Utility to add S/MIME certificate to the internal database used by mutt
SYNOPSIS¶smime_keys <operation> [file(s) | keyID [file(s)]]
DESCRIPTION¶The purpose of this tool is to manipulate the internal database of S/MIME certificates used by mutt to sign mail messages which will be sent or to verify mail messages received and signed with S/MIME.
- no files needed, inits directory structure.
- no files needed. refreshes index files, including trust flag/expiration.
- lists the certificates stored in database.
- keyID required. changes/removes/adds label.
- keyID required.
- 1=keyID and optionally 2=CRL. Verifies the certificate chain, and optionally whether this certificate is included in supplied CRL (PEM format). Note: to verify all certificates at the same time, replace keyID with "all".
- certificate required.
- three files reqd: 1=Key, 2=certificate plus 3=intermediate certificate(s).
- one file reqd. Adds keypair to database. file is PKCS12 (e.g. export from netscape).
- one file reqd. Adds keypair to database. (file was converted from e.g. PKCS12).
- one file reqd. Adds PEM root certificate to the location specified within muttrc (smime_verify_* command).
NO WARRANTIES¶This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Mutt Home Page: http://www.mutt.org/
|September 19, 2020||Unix|