NAME¶mat2 - the metadata anonymisation toolkit 2
SYNOPSIS¶mat2 [-h] [-v] [-l] [-V] [-s | -L] [files [files ...]]
DESCRIPTION¶mat2 removes metadata from various fileformats. It supports a wide variety of file formats, audio, office, images, …
Careful, mat2 does not clean files in-place, instead, it will produce a file with the word "cleaned" between the filename and its extension, for example "filename.cleaned.png" for a file named "filename.png".
- the files to process
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -v, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -l, --list
- list all supported fileformats
- check if mat2 has all the dependencies it needs
- -V, --verbose
- show more verbose status information
- --unknown-members policy
- how to handle unknown members of archive-style files (policy should be one of: abort, omit, keep)
- -s, --show
- list harmful metadata detectable by mat2 without removing them
- -L, --lightweight
- remove SOME metadata
- disable bubblewrap's sandboxing
- clean in place, without backup
EXAMPLES¶To remove all the metadata from a PDF file:
BUGS¶While mat2 does its very best to remove every single metadata, it's still in beta, and some might remain. Should you encounter some issues, check the bugtracker: https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2/issues
Please use accordingly and be careful.
AUTHOR¶This software was made by Julien (jvoisin) Voisin with the support of the Tails project.
COPYRIGHT¶This software is released on LGPLv3.
SEE ALSO¶exiftool(1p) pdf-redact-tools(1)
|November 2019||mat2 0.10.0|