NAME¶llvm-as - LLVM assembler
SYNOPSIS¶llvm-as [options] [filename]
DESCRIPTION¶llvm-as is the LLVM assembler. It reads a file containing human-readable LLVM assembly language, translates it to LLVM bitcode, and writes the result into a file or to standard output.
If filename is omitted or is -, then llvm-as reads its input from standard input.
If an output file is not specified with the -o option, then llvm-as sends its output to a file or standard output by following these rules:
- If the input is standard input, then the output is standard output.
- If the input is a file that ends with .ll, then the output file is of the same name, except that the suffix is changed to .bc.
- If the input is a file that does not end with the .ll suffix, then the output file has the same name as the input file, except that the .bc suffix is appended.
- Enable binary output on terminals. Normally, llvm-as will refuse to write raw bitcode output if the output stream is a terminal. With this option, llvm-as will write raw bitcode regardless of the output device.
- Print a summary of command line options.
- -o filename
- Specify the output file name. If filename is -, then llvm-as sends its output to standard output.
EXIT STATUS¶If llvm-as succeeds, it will exit with 0. Otherwise, if an error occurs, it will exit with a non-zero value.
SEE ALSO¶llvm-dis|llvm-dis, gccas|gccas
AUTHOR¶Maintained by the LLVM Team (https://llvm.org/).
COPYRIGHT¶2003-2019, LLVM Project