|Lintian::Output(3)||Debian Package Checker||Lintian::Output(3)|
NAME¶Lintian::Output - Lintian messaging handling
use Lintian::Output; my $out = Lintian::Output->new; $out->verbosity(-1); $out->msg("Something interesting"); $out->v_msg("Something less interesting"); $out->debug_msg(3, "Something very specific");
DESCRIPTION¶Lintian::Output is used for all interaction between lintian and the user. It is designed to be easily extensible via subclassing.
To simplify usage in the most common cases, many Lintian::Output methods can be used as class methods and will therefore automatically use the object $Lintian::Output::GLOBAL unless their first argument "isa('Lintian::Output')".
ATTRIBUTES¶The following fields impact the behavior of Lintian::Output.
- If set to a positive integer, will enable all debug messages issued with a level lower or equal to its value.
- Whether to show the description of a tag when printing it.
- Get/Set the number of times a tag is emitted per processable.
- Determine how verbose the output should be. "0" is the default value (tags and msg only), "-1" is quiet (tags only) and "1" is verbose (tags, msg and v_msg).
CLASS/INSTANCE METHODS¶These methods can be used both with and without an object. If no object is given, they will fall back to the $Lintian::Output::GLOBAL object.
- Will output the strings given in @args, one per line, each line prefixed with 'N: '. Will do nothing if verbosity is less than 0.
- Will output the strings given in @args, one per line, each line prefixed with 'N: '. Will do nothing unless verbosity is greater than 0.
- "debug_msg($level, @args)"
- $level should be a positive integer.
Will output the strings given in @args, one per line, each line prefixed with 'N: '. Will do nothing unless debug is set to a positive integer >= $level.
- Like "v_msg", except output is possibly sent to a dedicated log
Will output the strings given in @args, one per line. The lines will not be prefixed. Will do nothing unless perf_debug is set to a positive integer.