- buster 2.15.0
|Lintian::Collect::Binary(3)||Debian Package Checker||Lintian::Collect::Binary(3)|
NAME¶Lintian::Collect::Binary - Lintian interface to binary package data collection
my ($name, $type, $dir) = ('foobar', 'binary', '/path/to/lab-entry'); my $collect = Lintian::Collect::Binary->new($name);
DESCRIPTION¶Lintian::Collect::Binary provides an interface to package data for binary packages. It implements data collection methods specific to binary packages.
This module is in its infancy. Most of Lintian still reads all data from files in the laboratory whenever that data is needed and generates that data via collect scripts. The goal is to eventually access all data about binary packages via this module so that the module can cache data where appropriate and possibly retire collect scripts in favor of caching that data in memory.
Native heuristics are only available in source packages.
- strings (FILE)
- Returns an open handle, which will read the data from coll/strings for
FILE. If coll/strings did not collect any strings about FILE, this returns
an open read handle with no content.
Caller is responsible for closing the handle either way.
Needs-Info requirements for using strings: strings
- relation (FIELD)
- Returns a Lintian::Relation object for the specified FIELD, which should be one of the possible relationship fields of a Debian package or one of the following special values:
- The concatenation of Pre-Depends, Depends, Recommends, and Suggests.
- The concatenation of Pre-Depends and Depends.
- The concatenation of Recommends and Suggests.
If FIELD isn't present in the package, the returned Lintian::Relation object will be empty (always satisfied and implies nothing).
Needs-Info requirements for using relation: Same as field
- is_pkg_class ([TYPE])
- Returns a truth value if the package is the given TYPE of special package. TYPE can be one of "transitional", "debug" or "any-meta". If omitted it defaults to "any-meta". The semantics for these values are:
- The package is (probably) a transitional package (e.g. it is probably
empty, just depend on stuff will eventually disappear.)
Guessed from package description.
- This package is (probably) some kind of meta or task package. A meta
package is usually empty and just depend on stuff. It will also return a
truth value for "tasks" (i.e. tasksel "tasks").
A transitional package will also match this.
Guessed from package description, section or package name.
- The package is (probably) a package containing debug symbols.
Guessed from the package name.
- The package is (probably) a package generated automatically (e.g. a dbgsym
Guessed from the "Auto-Built-Package" field.
Needs-Info requirements for using is_pkg_class: Same as field
- Returns a truth value if the package appears to be non-free (based on the
section field; "non-free/*" and "restricted/*")
Needs-Info requirements for using is_non_free: "field ([FIELD[, DEFAULT]])"
AUTHOR¶Originally written by Frank Lichtenheld <email@example.com> for Lintian.
SEE ALSO¶lintian(1), Lintian::Collect, Lintian::Relation