Scroll to navigation
||General Commands Manual
supybot - A robust and user friendly Python IRC bot
supybot [options] configFile
Supybot is a robust, user-friendly, and programmer-friendly Python IRC
bot. It aims to be an adequate replacement for most existing IRC bots. It
includes a very flexible and powerful ACL system for controlling access to
commands, as well as more than 50 builtin plugins providing around 400 actual
- Show version of program.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -P, --profile
- Enable profiling.
- -n NICK, --nick=NICK
- Nick the bot should use.
- -u USER, --user=USER
- Full username the bot should use.
- -i IDENT, --ident=IDENT
- Ident the bot should use.
- -d, --daemon
- Determines whether the bot will daemonize. This is a no-op on non-POSIX
- Determines whether the bot will allow its defaultCapabilities not to
include "-owner", thus giving all users the owner capability by
default. This is dumb, hence we require a command-line option to enable
- Determines whether the bot will be allowed to run as root. You do not want
this. Do not do it. Even if you think you want it, you do not.
- Determines whether some extra debugging stuff will be logged by this
This manual page was originally written by James McCoy <vega dot james at
gmail dot com>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify
this document under the terms of the Supybot license, a BSD-style license.