|CVS-DEBC(1)||General Commands Manual||CVS-DEBC(1)|
NAME¶cvs-debc - view contents of a cvs-buildpackage/cvs-debuild generated package
SYNOPSIS¶cvs-debc [options] [package ...]
DESCRIPTION¶cvs-debc is run from the CVS working directory after cvs-buildpackage or cvs-debuild. It uses the cvs-buildpackage system to locate the .changes file generated in that run. It then displays information about the .deb files which were generated in that run, by running dpkg-deb -I and dpkg-deb -c on every .deb archive listed in the .changes file, assuming that all of the .deb archives live in the same directory as the .changes file. It is useful for ensuring that the expected files have ended up in the Debian package.
If a list of packages is given on the command line, then only those debs with names in this list of packages will be processed.
Note that unlike cvs-buildpackage, the only way to specify the source package name is with the -P option; you cannot simply have it as the last command-line parameter.
OPTIONS¶All current cvs-buildpackage options are silently accepted; however, only the ones listed below have any effect. For more details on all of them, see the cvs-buildpackage(1) manpage.
- -adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type
- See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options. They affect the search for the .changes file. They are provided to mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file.
- The name of the CVS module.
- The name of the package.
- The version number of the package.
- The CVS tag to use for exporting sources.
- -Rroot directory
- Root of the original sources archive.
- -Wwork directory
- The full path name for the cvs-buildpackage working directory.
- This option provides the CVS default module prefix.
- --help, --version
- Show help message and version information respectively.
SEE ALSO¶cvs-buildpackage(1), cvs-debi(1), cvs-debuild(1), debc(1)
AUTHOR¶cvs-buildpackage was written by Manoj Srivastava, and the current version of debi was written by Julian Gilbey <firstname.lastname@example.org>. They have been combined into this program by Julian Gilbey.