NAME¶nntpd - Cyrus IMAP documentation
NNTP server process
nntpd [ -C config-file ] [ -U uses ] [ -T timeout ] [ -D ] [ -s ] [ -r ] [ -f ] [ -p ssf ]
DESCRIPTION¶nntpd is an NNTP server. It accepts commands on its standard input and responds on its standard output. It MUST invoked by master(8) with those descriptors attached to a remote client connection.
nntpd reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The optional newsprefix setting specifies a prefix to be prepended to newsgroup names to make the corresponding IMAP mailbox names. The optional newspostuser setting specifies the special userid to be used when constructing the To: header address for following up to articles when read via IMAP. The optional newspeer setting specifies the fully qualified hostname of the upstream news server to which articles are fed. The optional allownewnews setting enables the NNTP NEWNEWS command.
If the directory <configdirectory>/log/user exists, then nntpd will create protocol telemetry logs for sessions authenticating as user. The telemetry logs will be stored in the log/user directory with a filename of the nntpd process-id.
- -C config-file
- Use the specified configuration file config-file rather than the default imapd.conf(5).
- -U uses
- The maximum number of times that the process should be used for new connections before shutting down. The default is 250.
- -T timeout
- The number of seconds that the process will wait for a new connection before shutting down. Note that a value of 0 (zero) will disable the timeout. The default is 60.
- Run external debugger specified in debug_command.
- Serve NNTP over SSL (https). All data to and from nntpd is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer.
- Only allow NNTP reader commands. Permitted clients will only be allowed to read/post articles.
- Only allow NNTP feeder commands. Permitted clients will only be allowed to feed articles (no reading).
- -p ssf
- Tell nntpd that an external layer exists. An SSF (security strength factor) of 1 means an integrity protection layer exists. Any higher SSF implies some form of privacy protection.
SEE ALSO¶imapd.conf(5), master(8)
AUTHOR¶The Cyrus Team, Nic Bernstein (Onlight)
COPYRIGHT¶1993-2017, The Cyrus Team
|November 15, 2019||3.0.12|